Thursday, January 10, 2008

Deep Fried Fat Should Taste Better Than This


Avocado fries at 3 Square. Breaded, deep-fried slices of avocado had me so intrigued and excited. There is nothing I like better than fat with fat. The problem is, fat needs a fair amount of salt, especially avocados. They really do not taste like anything when they are unsalted. To achieve the proper seasoning, you must sprinkle the salt directly on the avocado as you eat it. Salting the crisp exterior just isn't enough. I was a bit disappointed, they certainly did not meet my high expectations. All the better - I don't think I need another fatty dish to crave. I will just stick with my current craving repitiore...The Office Burger, pork belly, fried sweetbreads, seared foie gras, triplecreme cheese, roasted bone marrow, onion rings, pizza....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bree,

In the last few months, you may remember receiving an email invitation to become a part of the Foodbuzz Featured Publisher Program. With all the recipe-writing and food photography to be completed, we know emails can easily get lost in the shuffle, so Foodbuzz would like to re-extend our offer of inviting you to be a part of our food blogger network. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

And I have had fried avocados before! They are delicious, but I feel as if after one bite my arteries will close. Somehow that didn't stop me from bites two, three, and beyond. =)

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com

Nanette said...

I felt the same way about those from 3 Square and the tofu fries from Musha. It's all about the dipping sauce and the salt application.

Oishii Eats said...

Fried goods without any salt factor is like dancing to no music. I feel you girl.

H. C. said...

Awww, even the folks @ LA County Fair knows enough to put salt on their avocado fries!