Saturday, May 12, 2007

Lunch on Capri



I spent the last two weeks traveling through Sicily and the Amalfi Coast, or, I should say, eating through Sicily and the Amalfi Coast. It took a boat, a funicular, and white-knuckled bus ride to reach the charming town of Anacapri, on the island of Capri. Here are photos from my lunch that day on Capri:

Caprese salad:


Fried bread and mozzarella:


Farfalle with zucchini and cream:


Coffee semifreddo:


The man at the table next to us spilled something on his shirt, so the server brought out a little cleaning kit:

3 comments:

H. C. said...

amazing photos, and I'm sure it tasted even better!

Can't wait to hear more about your 2-week excursion.

Wow, wished more L.A. restaurants offer to bring out cleaning kits for messy meal mishaps.

Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Had no idea you were in Italy! Sorry I missed you. The Amalfi coast is spectacular. I'm sure you'll have a lot of places to tell us about??!

triplecreme said...

Shelly -
It was spectacular! We were only in Rome at the airport, we did not stay in Rome, otherwise we would have rented one of your units! Congrats on your wedding, the photos are beautiful!