Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Waffle



After a nice little 5K race in Griffith Park this last Sunday, my friend and I thought we would round out the morning with a stroll through the Hollywood Farmer's Market and a Carbo-Re-Load breakfast at the newly opened Waffle on Sunset. It is situated in the bottom of an office building, and that is what is feels like inside. The large tinted windows cast a dimness to the interior, as opposed to a bright, sunny, cozy feel I prefer while eating breakfast. We sat at the counter. Filled with families, The Waffle seems to have caught on as the local nouveau diner. I saw nouveau because they offer all your standard breakfast fare, plus healthy allergen-friendly items like dairy-free shakes and espresso drinks, and whole grain waffles. My eye immediately went to the bacon waffle. A crisp waffle with bits of bacon baked into it, topped with bacon pieces ($8). The bits inside didn't offer much flavor, but the pieces on top made up for it. Nothing like the classic combination of sweet/salty/fatty. Salty, savory bacon with sweet maple syrup and butter. We also ordered the 3 egg breakfast with hash browns and sausage patties ($8). The patties were very dense and tough, but the potatoes were crisp on the outside while creamy and soft inside.



Decent cappucino and tea service ($3.25 each). One disappointment: Our egg breakfast was to come with toast, which was never served. By the end of the meal when we realized this (and altered our server), we were too full to eat it. The waitress did not offer to discount the bill for the absent toast, so I opted to take home the toast. The whole experience was pleasant enough, but nothing spectacular. If I lived in the area I would return, but I don't, so I probably won't.



The Waffle
6255 W Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028

4 comments:

H. C. said...

Hey, I was in the same race -- doubly punished myself with 10K though, and went to M Cafe afterwards.

Billy said...

Great job! Any 10Ks, Half-Marathons or full Marathons in your future?

triplecreme said...

Yes, in the FUTURE. I do not know how near...

Billy said...

Well, I'm no expert - but let me know if I can help in anyway. I also run around West LA and the beach virtually every day if you ever need someone to train with