Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Robin's Nest



I went to my dream convenience store the other day - Robin's Nest on Venice Blvd. in Venice, next to James Beach. Owned by chef Sheri Robins, formerly of James Beach and the Canal Club, Robin's Nest is a tiny little market carrying a carefully-selected array of gourmet food items every foodie should have.

Fine olive oils, fresh sausages from Paul Berlotti's Fra'Mani, Nueske's bacon, Petrossian smoked salmon, frozen racks of Mr. Cecil's baby back ribs, several cheeses including Cowgirl Creamery's Mt. Tam triplecreme (can't pass up that one), fresh pastries and even the New York Post.

Oh, you can also get household items like toothpaste and dish soap (and Newman's Own pet food). I wish it were around the corner from my apartment!
Robin's Nest
68 North Venice Blvd.
Venice, CA 90291
310-821-7281

4 comments:

Erin S. said...

me too! Much better than the 7-11, NatureMart and Albertson's that are within walking distance of my place. Next time I'm in Venice, I'll have to stop.

Ellen Bloom said...

Great review. Thanks for posting about this gourmet find!

Anonymous said...

I live right around the corner from Robin's nest. You are so right about it being the best convenience store in the world. I LOVE IT.

OrganiCat said...

What a tasty little retreat! I stopped in today after work and picked up the sack of Maggie's Farm salad I would've gotten at the farmers market...if I hadn't been working. Thanks for the tip!