Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hurry Curry - My Favorite Indian Fast Food


I have always loved having lunch at Hurry Curry on Venice Blvd. at Beethoven (right across the street from Roman Holiday). Their lunch specials are a deal, and they have the best Saag Paneer in town. Today I had one vegetable curry (garbanzos), one meat curry (chicken with spinach), rice, naan and a drink for $5.59. A couple of other lunch specials are even under $5. Indian food is so filling, and their portions are generous, you should easily have enough left over for lunch the next day. Be careful when taking it to go, they fill they container to the brim, and place it in a paper bag, it will certainly overflow on the ride home.

Hurry Curry
12825 Venice Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
310-398-2948

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very nice looking basmati rice, not to mention lovely naan & curries - and from reading blog headline I thought you meant Hurry Curry of Tokyo, a *japanese* curry chain in the LA area.

http://www.hurrycurryoftokyo.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been wanting to try that place but I was wondering if they use MSG, so I called and asked and they acted like they didn't know what I was asking.. and pretty much hung up on me, do you happen to know?

triplecreme said...

I don't think they do. I think you only have to worry about Chinese restaurants.

Angie said...

Hi Bree,
This is Angie. I got your city swap package yesterday. Everything is great! I really love the soap and the coffee. The magnet was also a great idea!

triplecreme said...

Hi Angie, I am glad you liked your package! The post office sure took their sweet time in getting in to you. I mailed it 2 weeks ago! I hope you enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I haven't eaten here since the shop looks unappetizing, but if you like Indian food, my Anglo-Indian husband recommends Mayura on Venice & Motor, and we also love the all-vegetarian Annapurna, also on Venice a few blocks east of Motor.

Annapurna offers wonderful dosa, idli, all the yummy snacks, and is well priced for a group meal sharing.

Plus you can watch Bollywood videos on the big plasmas round the restaurant. Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

Hurry Curry served me the worst Indian food I have ever eaten. Glad to see that you had a better experience.

Anonymous said...

Our favorite Indian place is Akbar. We usually go to the one on Washington Blvd. just west of Lincoln, but they have a few other locations. Give it a try!

Anonymous said...

I used to frequent this place; however, the last few times I have tried to order items that they have to make "to order" (which apparently they don't like to do, but won't say so), they have been extremely rude and even hung up on me directly after I asked for a specific dish--didn't even let me ask for something else. Now, I wouldn't be so offended had they not 1)kept the dish on their menu, or 2) made the dish numerous times previously with no problem. I don't mind if they can't make the dish if they're just too busy, but to have someone just hang up on me--that's just bad form.