Sunday, December 17, 2006

My Favorite Empanada


My favorite empanada is from (aptly titled), Empanada's Place. They are big, flaky, and deep fried. Purists would prefer the more authentic baked empanadas, but clearly, I am no empanada purist! They offer several meat, cheese, and vegetable empanadas, but I always get the spinach.

The big ones are $2.75 each, and small ones can be ordered for $16.99 a dozen.

Empanada's Place
3811 Sawtelle Blvd. @ Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, Ca 90066
310-391-0888

5 comments:

Billy said...

y'know...i live right near by but haven't quite been able to make my way in there.

after reading this, i might give it a try.

H. C. said...

Oooh yummy - and I just had an empanada from Porto's yesterday (though I preferred the meat over spinach-cheese one there).

Steve Buccellato said...

Mmmm! I agree--this place is awesome! I was just there last week. Try the "Chunky Beef!"

Anonymous said...

Looks really delicious. Am planning a trip to LA. Hope all these places are easy to find for a first-timer to LA!

Tragic Sandwich said...

I'm glad you found this place--I don't get there often, but I'm always happy when I do. Hmm...maybe this weekend.