Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Michelin Guide Release Party

Last night I was lucky enough to attend the Michelin Guide release party at Les Deux in Hollywood. This is the first time Michelin has published a guide for Los Angeles, so it is a bit of a big deal for the Los Angeles food scene. The courtyard was filled with chefs and bloggers, including Eddie Lin from Deep End Dining! Eddie has lived out two blogger fantasties of mine: appearing on both Good Food and Visiting with Huell Howser!

I also had the pleasure meeting Jonah from LA Foodblogging and Digesty. We talked food and restaurants (of course), ate (not so good) hors d'oeuvres such as sliders, mac n' cheese, barbequed shrimp, and rubbed shoulders with Wolfie, Josiah, Joachim, Michael, to name a few. They handed out advance copies of the book, which comes out tomorrow. On the way out, we were given this bag of swag!




6 comments:

Nanette said...

Wow! Sounds like a great time. That swag is awesome, too!

foodette said...

I am so jealous! I hope that someday my little blog elevates me to a place where I can get swag. And this is no sarcasm - I want swag, baby! Swag!

Anyway, sounds like you had a fun night. Keep up the great blogging!

Ellen Bloom said...

Did you see Pat Saperstein of eatingla.blogspot.com?

Pat said that the Guide was really for tourists. Not too many ethnic LA restaurants were listed.

Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Great to chat with you last night! The highlight of the party was probably hanging out with the foodblogger folks who are passionate about the food for food's sake. The hors d'oeuvres were certainly a disappointment and not congruent with the guide itself!

food makes me happy said...

That's so nice,
How much I wish I can be there too.

Anonymous said...

The appetizers were AWFUL. Didn't match the guide or the people in attendance AT ALL. I was really shocked...maybe more so because I came to the event HUNGRY! I had such a busy day and never had a chance to eat a proper meal. Everything about the food that was tray passed and even the cheese & cupcake station were sub par.