Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Lunch at Pizzeria Mozza


I was in the Hollywood area today and thought I would try my luck at getting a seat at Pizzeria Mozza for lunch. I arrived right before noon, to be greeted by about 10 other poeple without reservations waiting for the doors to open. It was just like at Father's Office - I used to arrive about 10 minutes before opening (as well as 15 other people), and snag a table as soon as the doors opened, just about the only way to guarantee a seat for the night. The last time I had lunch at Pizzeria Mozza we were only able to get a reservation for the prime lunch time of 2:30. Never again. Just arrive early, and grab a seat at the counter. I read, and re-read, and re-read the menu trying to narrow down my options. I ended up with the goat cheese, leek, scallion, roasted garlic and bacon pizza. I almost ordered the pizza bianco with truffle cheese, but it did not come with a cured pork product, so I choose the other one instead. Of course, it was wonderful. They brush the crust with olive oil, and give it a sprinkling of salt before baking, which gives it a nice, crispy texture, and georgeous color. A nice way to recover for a long holiday weekend!

1 comment:

mstinawu said...

If you're big on cheese, try the pizza bianco. It's delicious--even w/o the cured meats. I've ordered the pizza bianco the last two times I went.