Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mario & I/Osteria Mozza



My friends and I had a fabulous dinner at The Foundry on Melrose (review to come soon), and followed it up with a visit to the brand new Osteria Mozza. We had a couple drinks of Sicilian Amaro called Averna, at the marble bar, soaked up the atmosphere, said "hi" to general manager David Rosoff, and made the earlist reservation posssibe: a weeknight in mid-August at 9:30. And, I got a photo with Mario himself! We checked out the menu, and there was a conspicuous lack of offal, in contrast to the new B&B in Las Vegas (with dishes like pasta with lamb's brain). We said so to Mario's partner Joseph, (son of Italian chef and author extrodanaire, Lidia Bastianach) and he said : "eventually". As cool as it was to see these New York legends, they did seem a bit bored while hanging out with the LA scene (maybe it was just the jetlag). Well, I worked up courage to ask Mario for a photo and he was game, (and he was quite snuggly, like a big teddy bear, and yes, he was wearing his orange clogs) and he seemed to perk up a bit. Welcome to LA, guys.



Osteria Mozza
6602 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038
323-297-0100

2 comments:

LINDSAY JONES said...

Hi there! I'm a fellow foodie who loves your blog! I've started blogging too ... just visted vanilla bakeshop today as well. Thought it was better than Sprinkles not as good as Leda's :)
Check out my sites www.cookiescouture.com and foodflirt90210.blogspot.com

happy food travels! ~ lindsay

foodette said...

Wow, I have to congratulate you. Mario hates food bloggers, so the fact that you have his picture on your blog - priceless.

Keep up the good work - I can't wait to read your review of the place.