Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Afternoon Snack at Akasha


I dropped in the bakery section of Akasha today for a little pick-me-up. Their pastries looked fabulous, and many of them were vegan. I enjoyed a vegan chocolate cupcake with ganache icing ($3.50). It was like a really good Ding-Dong. I also tried a lavendar shortbread cookie, which was buttery, flaky, with just a hint of lavendar ($1). They were all out of any kind of black tea, so I had a mint tea ($2.75). Service was friendly, but I did indicate my order was "for-here," and my tea came in a paper cup, my cookie in a bag, and my cupcake on a plate. Oh well. The bakery is open from 7AM to PM, serving organic coffee and espresso drinks, tea and a house-made Chai that is not available yet. There are a few tables outside, but that is the only indication that they are open. The windows are tinted so you cannot see any activity inside. Perhaps if they had some kind of sign outside it would increase traffic. There is plenty of comfortable seating inside, but beware it seems to double as the staff office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had there tea too.
Its killer.
Its from a local company that makes their own organic artisan tea called http://www.artoftea.com
They do their custom iced tea too. It is really amazing. Their pastries are home made by the pastry chef and really focused on whole ingredients.