An editor from the site Laist.com contacted me to create a list, like a top ten, to post among others for their year-end round-up. Here is the list I came up with, followed by the link to Laist. I hope you enjoy.
Top Reasons Why a Dyed-in-the-Wool Westsider Sometimes Wishes She Lived East of the 405
1. Intelligentsia Coffee – simply the best coffee out there right now, made to perfection. Hard-core, no blenders!
2. Lou – Exotic wine list, best bar food around, and great Monday night suppers.
3. Pizzeria Mozza – The best pizza dough, and even better toppings. Short, excellent, all-Italian wine list. Lardo!
4. K&L Wine – Big, but not too big. Great weekly tasting, knowledgable staff, good prices.
5. Silverlake Wine – Their tastings are educational and social, small, yet carefully selected wine selection.
6. 750 ml – Cozy, intimate atmosphere, easy to navigate wine list, excellent, short menu., well-priced.