Saturday, September 15, 2007

Intelligentsia



Chicago-based Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea just opened their first (and hopefully not their last) west coast store. It is in super-cool Silver Lake, right next to The Cheese Store of Silver Lake and Flea's music school. I got turned on to their coffee a few months ago by a friend who works for the company. The store is great. Spare, open design, outdoor seating, counter seating inside with a beautiful blue and white Nicaraguan tile floor. Small drink menu, just your standard espresso drinks, drip coffee brewed by the cup and no Sugar-Bomb-Blended-Coffee-for-Beginners drinks. I got a macchiato, which was perfect. I hope their will make it out to the west side soon, but in the meantime I will have to "settle" for Caffe Luxxe.



Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea
3922 W Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90029

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Bree!
Great meeting you tonight at Billy Shire Fine Art! I'll have to try Intelligentsia...sounds good. Gotta love a place that has such gorgeous tile!

Leah Faust said...

Intelligentsia saved me from feeling sad about the state of good beans in LA. The baristas there recommended the Gibraltar and now I am hooked. I'll have to try the macchiato!! Yum.